With the spring finally here and summer soon approaching, I like to plan on making some changes to my decor to go along with the warmer weather. Here are some “refreshing” spring decorating ideas that can lighten your look and brighten your mood.
- Take down those heavy drapes and let the light brighten up your room. Instead, use pretty sheer panels. They can still give some privacy while letting light filter through. It’s a great feeling when they blow in the breeze on a warm summers day.
- Try a valance over your window instead of drapery panels. A simple top treatment can give an airy feel any room.
- Get new area rugs and floor mats. Choose lighter, brighter shades or soft, natural, woven looks under foot. If your current rugs are still in good condition, store them and change seasonally.
- Replace toss pillows with seasonal cotton patterns and natural woven designs. Beach, seashore and nautical themes are fun for the summer months too.
- Bring the outdoors in with flowers and greens. Use pretty glass vases or mason jars as vessels to display natural flowers and foliage throughout your home.
- Use mirrors in key locations. Reflections of windows and the outdoors from an opposing wall lightens the room and opens the space, making it feel larger and brighter!
These are just some ideas that can help make your decor look and feel refreshed for the spring and the warm weather to come. We would love to hear your ideas as well.