- Bring home fresh cut flowers or pretty indoor potted flowers. I show them off in my kitchen and family room. I also like to buy potted herbs for greenery in the kitchen and they are great to use for cooking! To brighten up the guest bathroom I’ll cut a few outdoor blooms or buy delicate cut flowers to display in a small bud vase. It’s the small thoughtful touches that make it so inviting. It’s nice to use fragrant varieties as well.
- Replace worn out throw pillows for a softer, lighter look. You can often find pretty pillow covers on home décor websites or at your local home store.
- Get a new throw blanket to add interest on the sofa. For the spring, choose a lightweight print or a cheerful color that coordinates with your decor.
- Swap out heavy drapery panels for simple sheers on the windows. I love when they blow in the breeze. Use Deco Wrap no sew cornices to add texture and bring in color with fabric
- De-clutter. A spring cleaning will make you feel lighter and improve the look of you home. Clean out cabinets, drawers, closets but even more important, check your shelves, counters and open surfaces. Less is more, so make sure you don’t have too much stuff sitting out. An open, uncluttered look is so much more desirable.
We would love to hear some of your favorite tips for spring decorating, so please share!